At first I thought it wouldn't be a big deal to potty train a 2 year old! How hard could it be? Teach them where the "pee pee" goes and then they are good to go. Oh how vain I must have been! My daughter Abby is almost 3 1/2 months old and is just starting to decide that she wants to do it. Only after every single thing that I can think of to motivate her. My last option, I was truly leaving to the last because for one thing I wasn't sure that she was capable of understanding consequences and rewards based on whether she went or not. I made up a mental list of all the things that she loves. Movies, friends, Grandma's house, desert, playing outside, ect. At first when I started the "last option" move, she didn't believe me and tried to call my bluff. She found out fast that I was serious and so this has become HER motivation for going potty. We still praise her for going, and keeping her pull up dry, but now she knows that if she wants to do certain things (and you can't just say "you can't watch movies until you've shown me 4 times that you can keep your pull up dry", you have to say which movie and it should be the movie that she is most interested in on that particular day.) WOW, I never thought that potty training could be so difficult. And, we're not done yet, but it is at lest moving forward instead of continually backward!!!
If someone has any advice to help make it so she comes to me to let me know that she needs to go potty, please help me with that..... I'm really not sure how to go about that!
Family Christmas Letter
8 months ago
3 comments:
Yeah, I am a horrible potty trainer. Daphne has yet to care. I am really thinking I'll help her do it after our Thanksgiving trip and before Christmas, but who knows. I am the world's worst potty trainer!
Abby's only 3 1/2 months old?? She seems older somehow...
Welcome to the world of blogging. I am not great at it but it is fun to read what everybody is up to. Potty Training sucks. It is one of the worst thing parent's have to do. I wish I could order a baby that is already potty trained!
Post a Comment