Sunday, October 26, 2008

Book I'm Reading: The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman

The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman.

I've read this one once before, but I figured it's one I should reread periodically because the message is so important. I love the easy reading, the frequent use of examples and down-to-earth logic. And the author helps the reader understand the basic motivations of life and how communication can be so critical to whether our most important relationships thrive or wither.

Because two people who can be generally trying can easily talk past each other when they use different love languages, it is helpful to read this book to identify your own love language and that of your spouse or potential mate. Once you realize where you are coming from and where the other person is coming from, it becomes much easier to give them credit for when they speak their own love language rather than yours and for you to show love for them in a way they understand and value rather than the way you understand and value. Good stuff. I recommend it to anyone. 5 stars.

No comments: