Sunday, October 26, 2008

Frustration

So I have been told that in order to go to bed I have to post something to this blog since I don't ever post. Blogging hasn't caught hold of me yet and I don't know if it will ever be something that I truly enjoy unlike those of you (and you know who you are :), but I'll try...

I've been struggling with my son Ryan's complexion since the beginning of October. He got his first pair of teeth at 5 months and 4 days. I didn't think anything about it but a week later he was red splotchy mostly in his face but some on his tummy too. He was so miserable, always scratching at it and rubbing his eyes till they were very swollen.

I took him into the doctor and he looked it for 1 sec and said that is eczema and gave me a prescription and sent me on my way. I was a little skeptical but hey he's the doctor and I thought he would know. I put the cream on when it was needed and since it is a steroid I could only put it on for a short period of time (2 weeks). 2 weeks came and went and it was looking better (somewhat). Saturday, when he started teething again it came back in full force all over the body. I've been using cortisone cream and am seeing some improvement, but I'm a little concerned about using it since I'm only supposed to give it to children 2 and older. If you have a suggestion or advice I would LOVE to hear about it because I'm about to go to the dermatologist if I can't figure out what is going on!!!

No comments: